“Co-creating eco-habitats that celebrate living”is the motto that drives us to build our communities. For us, an Eco-Habitat “is a natural ecosystem integrated into living spaces for urban dwellers, consciously recreated with sustainability at the core; designed to have minimal negative impact on the environment.”
Ever since the inception of Organo, our focus has consistently been on developing eco-habitats that offer the Rurban experience, a curated blend of sustainable practices in rural and urban living.
Naandi is the manifestation of our efforts towards creating a Rurban Eco-habitat based on net-zero and triple bottom line principles. A community for the passionate and the conscious.
Through the journey of Naandi, we have learnt many valuable lessons. The most important among them is the understanding that sustainability is a way of life rather than an external factor that needs to be achieved. Every inhabitant needs to realize that their actions must be self monitored and accountable to sustainability.
Our lessons from Naandi have led us to improvise and at times reinvent the guidelines to raise the bar in the development of similar ventures of ours.Some of the important learnings are:-
- The importance of primary healthcare: Considering the fact that the proximity of medical facilities is a huge concern for gated communities situated on the city outskirts, we have decided to make a provision for primary healthcare centers in our upcoming projects.
- The installation of solar power panels: The panels installed on every villa and the number of electrical components to facilitate them, weren’t ideal for maintenance. Therefore, installing solar power generators in one place would be more energy-efficient and easy to handle.
- Self sufficiency must occupy prime position when it comes to farm produce. Only in the case of excess production, business prospects may be considered.
- The tunnel draft system: We have found out more efficient and cost-effective methods that can be implemented from the design level of the building which will help in providing ample ventilation rather than digging the ground.
- The importance of a social impact study: The Social Impact study takes precedence in all our developments. This not only helped us in getting a deeper understanding of community living in our neighbourhood but also empowered them to grow and evolve at an individual and community level.